Monday, May 2, 2011

Osama is Dead; God is GOOD

I awoke to the news this morning and the only words that came out of my mouth were simply, "Praise God". It's amazing to see how He didn't do it when most were expecting it to be done or even when it was most desired...yet He made it happen. I remember visiting the disastrous site where the towers once stood only a few months after the attacks...all I remember was the great hole excavated into the New York City streets surrounded by thousands of missing posters on display. Despite the passing of the months, New Yorkers remained hopeful. With the smell of decay still in the air, I remember walking the streets of Manhattan and having my black Air Force Ones turn gray from the dust still lingering in the air. I will never forget my visit, nor the thousands of people who lost their lives so innocently at the hands of such evil.

Because we don't know when life will end, it's best to just live in the moment and engrave every memory deeply into our brain. As I plan my son's party, I remind myself to stop saying what I 'plan' on doing and just do it...I can't wait to celebrate his 4th birthday..he's been such a blessing and source of joy for my family...I will be making it extra special so that he will always remember to celebrate life....for so many people that have gone on to glory do not still have that opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment